These Enormous Children

Our disproportionate strength will help us rise up and destroy the world.

 
Enormous Friends
Will
Stuff Will Currently Likes
Mempho Links
Unintentional Comedy
Wednesday, August 22, 2007

For some ungodly reason, the Encore Love channel showed 24 straight hours of Dirty Dancing yesterday. I think it may be the funniest movie I've ever seen. I literally could not watch 5 minutes at a time without hysterically laughing ("Johnny?!").
Every woman I know loves this movie, and I don't understand why. It's essentially Footloose with sex. And, according to IMDB, Patrick Swayze received a Golden Globe nomination for this movie. If that doesn't tell you how shitty the 80's were, I don't know what will.
So to recap, Dirty Dancing gave us "She's Like the Wind," "Nobody puts Baby in a corner," and Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights, and we still like it. If that's not insight into our society, I don't know what is.

Go back to your playpen, Baby.
posted by Will Askew @ 3:39 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At August 22, 2007 at 4:09 PM, Blogger Peter said…

    I'm pretty sure that the reason Swayze had to dance so, so dirty was because "She's Like the Wind" was so unbelievably gay. Yin/yang and all that.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us
In August 2007, there was a tragic accident at a laboratory in Memphis, Tennessee. From the carnage emerged two enormous children with disproportionate strength and writing ability. This is their story.
Peter
Stuff Peter Currently Likes
Previous Posts
Archives